Subject : Interpretation of al-Qur’an
Lecturer : Husein Shahab, MA.
Semester : Preliminary (Academic Year 2005)
- Introduction to the Interpretation of al-Qur’an and its kinds of Tafsir
- The meaning of “al-wahy” (revelation) from philosophical and mystical points of view and its division: ar-rukyah as-shadiqah (true vision), nuzul Jibril (the descending of Jibril) and al-wahy al-mubasyir (direct revelation)
- The historical views concerning nuzul al-Qur’an and its division into Makkiyyah and Madaniyyah; the history of its compilation and and controversion concerning mushaf Ali and mushaf Fatimah
- Introduction to the classical Mufassirin and their tafsir
- Introduction to the modern Mufassirin and their tafsir
- The Contraversion about Nasikh and Mansukh in al-Qur’an
- The Meaning of Mutasyabihat and Muhkamat in the verses of al-Qur’an
- Issues on the Tahrif or alteration of al-Qur’an
- The meaning of Mu’jizah of al-Qur’an and its division: bayani, ‘ilmi and tasyri’i.
- More on Tafsir al-Mizan and Allamah Thabathabai.