Subject : Comparative Epistemology
Lecturer : Dr. Saidimehr/ Dr. Seyyed Mohsen Miri
Semester : 3rd (Academic Year 2005)
Program : Islamic Philosophy
- The meaning of comparative epistemology: The meaning of epistemology and some divisions of epistemology.
- The approaches of epistemology: Ancient, modern, and contemporary.
- Background of Epistemology: A priori Knowledge and Posteriori.
- Definition and analysis of knowledge in Western epistemology.
- Definition of Gettier and its counter example.
- Some criticism on Western definition: Analysis of Knowledge from Muslim Thinkers view point.
- The types of propositional knowledge from Muslim thinkers view point.